A deep commitment to local staff, produce and sustainable luxury
Press Up Entertainment takes its commitment to sustainable practices seriously. At all properties we use low energy lightbulbs and recycle all of our paper. We operate an environmentally-conscious laundry policy and use products that are kind to ecosystems wherever we can. We source food as locally as possible at all properties.
Local at Large
Press Up Entertainment is also supporting Irish-based craftsmen and women. We are working with a group of leading furniture designers dedicated to the responsible use of British woodland, to create a beautiful range of bespoke chairs.
Press Up Entertainment recognises its responsibility to respect the environment and is committed to achieve environmental best practice, where practically possible throughout its business activity.
We continually seek ways to conserve and protect natural resources, to minimise wastage of raw materials and energy, whilst providing a consistent and quality product and service to our guests. We conduct internal environmental reviews and annually assess our progress towards an improved environmental performance and revise as necessary.
Our customers and guests are made aware of our sustainability policy and to give them the option to help us achieve them. To ensure our team of staff are aware, involved and encouraged to be proactive in wanting to work to and improve our environmental policies.
Activities that are established at Malvina House Hotel include: –
- Instillation of Solar panels for the provision of hot water
- Use of Energy Saving bulbs
- Encourage a “switch off policy” with staff and guests
- Ensure staff are aware of requirement to turn down/off radiators thermostats when rooms are not booked out
- Endeavour to print literature on recycled paper
- In periods of low occupancy, appropriate sections within the hotel are isolated so heating can be turned off and lighting reduced to emergency levels only
- Regular boiler checks
- Purchasing of energy efficient equipment
- New Bedroom wing has a key entry card system which automatically turns off the power when the room is not occupied
Reducing Waste Recycle/Re-use
- Use fabric napkins as much as possible not paper ones
- Use recycled products wherever possible
- Move towards using environmentally friendly cleaning materials, and Micro fibre cloths
- Recycle Kitchen oils
- Future aim is to have our own in-house water bottling system for guests whereby filtered water is supplied in branded re-useable glass bottles, significantly reducing our glass bottle wastage and carbon footprint
- Laundry, by reducing the quantity of towels we wash, we reduce water consumption, energy and use of detergents
- Good maintenance – mending leaking taps
- Full loads in washing machines and dish/glass washers
- Use of all local Falkland Island produce
- Development of our own vegetable garden
- Aim to provide Chickens for our own egg supply
- Develop and increase responsible purchasing methods to include sourcing products using suppliers that maintain ethical practices
- The use of Fair Trade, Organic and Rainforest Alliance certified products where possible
- Laundry, we give guests the option to not have their towels Laundered everyday
- We request for equipment not to be left on standby or prolonged charging
- To turn down the heating before opening the windows
- Restaurant guests are welcome to take home any leftovers, therefore reducing waste
- We are open to any suggestions from guests that will aid our sustainability