Press Up Hospitality Group is Ireland’s leading hospitality group. With almost 60 Venues in the Hospitality and Leisure industry and over 1,600 people on our team, there are great opportunities for advancement across the Group. We are committed to building careers for our best and brightest across all roles. With our continued expansion there is a constant stream of new openings and great prospects for those with drive and ambition.
We are currently seeking Sous Chefs and Junior Chefs to join the team at our fabulous venues in Athlone. If you are passionate about exceptional customer service and have previous experience in a busy food & beverage venue, then we would love to hear from you!!
Key deliverables and responsibilities:
- To ensure that all company systems, procedures and standards are adhered to.
- To ensure that all menu items are prepared according to menu specifications manual.
- To ensure that all preparation of foods is carried out according to menu preparation manual.
- To ensure new staff are trained to the highest possible standard and to introduce new staff in system.
- To ensure all daily/nightly/weekly cleaning schedules are completed.
- To attend training sessions both on job/off job.
- To attend all staff meetings
- Check temperature records from previous day (first thing in the morning before open kitchen)
- Check all labels to ensure all food in on date
- Check daily cleaning duties and closing duties and to make daily end of night report regarding staff working hours.
- Check wastage and introduce in system
- Check par levels and fill up the daily production chart
- To ensure that all temperatures checks are completed by you and chefs and record them accurately.
- To complete main line stock counts daily to prevent shrinkage.
- To receive all deliveries (early morning drop-offs). Ensure all deliveries are checked and signed for and transfer to relevant storage areas promptly on receipt as well delivery dockets are process on synergy on arrival.
- To record all purchases on Delivery intake book and check and make sure GRN invoices are matching with purchases from suppliers
- To physically count correct the stock weekly and monthly and save it before 5pm and to return weekly stock paperwork on a weekly basis to the accounts department.
- To make roster for chefs and send to approval until Tuesday 12am.
- To place daily orders according to business needs and daily sales to ensure fresh product daily and correct rotation of stock.
- Check chill blast machine and record sheet to make sure is in good condition and fill up correct
Key Skills & Attributes
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Ability to multi task
- HACCP level 2
- Excellent time keeping
- Positive attitude
- We have integrity
- We listen
- We care
- We develop talent
- We go above and beyond
- We embrace diversity
- Continual training and development
- Career progression within the Group
- Gratuities *
- Press Up Hospitality privilege card, entitling you to many discounts across our 60+ venues
- The Press Up Social Club which organises regular fun-filled activities and gatherings for teams across the group
- Wellness at work Events
- Travel Incentives
- Refer a friend scheme
- External company discounts
- Gym Membership discounts
- Employment Assistance Programme – a confidential employee benefit designed to help you deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting your home life or work life, health and general EAP service provides a complete support network that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance 24/7, covering a wide range of issues.
*Applicable to certain positions
Press Up Hospitality Group owns and operates almost 60 venues in Ireland, in certain instances we may feel your skills and experience may suit another role we have available. By submitting your application, you are permitting Press Up Hospitality Group to contact you for other opportunities within the Group.